Thankful!

So i am officially Mrs. Andrew Kimmel now! :) Susan Keener Kimmel to be exact, haha. We read Colossians this morning and the verses that stuck out to me was 2:6-7.

Therefore as you received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk in him, rooted and built up in him and established in the faith, just as you were taught, abounding in thanksgiving.

There are some verses that are so simple yet so challenging and comforting all at once. The last thing abounding in thanksgiving is where i am now. Just so thankful for the fact that we can 'walk in him'. That he has made a way for us to do so. Then thankful that his love causes him to give even beyond just giving himself. Thankful for the little things and thankful for the huge things. I am so thankful that he held off the rain for Andrew and i to get married. It was a beautiful night! The moment we got in the car to leave it began to sprinkle and rain as we drove off. Such a sweet gift from Dad!

So thankful that my mom even though was sick the night before was not seriously ill when the doc sent her to the emergency room due to her chest hurting. Pulled muscles from throwing up so much! Thankful for all my girls that flew in and helped me out friday....so thankful that they love me and would do that! So thankful for my texas friends an families that gave up time, money and energy to help with my perfect day! :)

Thankful for the God fearing family that andrew and i both have and aim to keep it that way. "Hunger and thirst after righteousness", that is our promise to each other!

Thankful that we waited and God blessed. Thankful that he isn't angry or sad with me when i was angry or sad with him cause i didn't know what he was doing. Thankful he never ever left me or stopped guiding me cause i am a winny child :)

Thanks dad!

Comments

Rob said…
Great post. I was glad to be there for the wedding. It was a great day.
Maddie Nieman said…
and i am so thankful for you both! :)

it was a beautiful day and I know that God will bless every aspect of your marriage
Amy said…
Thank you for including us in your special day...it was absolutely beautiful! We are SO happy for the two of you! Many blessings!!
Susan, I love this picture and I wish that we could have been a part of your special day. You were in our thoughts and prayers ALL day and Kendall kept saying, "so thankful Susan waited for Andrew!" Praise the Lord! We are praying for your new life together! The first year is not the hardest, it is the one where you grow the most in love and in righteousness! Love you!

Popular posts from this blog

Engagment pictures

Drills

Valentines Day