Where were you when...

September 11 has now become a day when people remember something sad that happened to our nation. The conversations center around the lost people, and the grieving families. We either experienced it first hand or know someone who did it was that huge. It now falls into the category of one of those events where you remember exactly where you were when you heard the news, like the JFK assassination, Elvis dying and just recently M Jackson.  I want to stroll down memory lane and share with you.

I was at SWBTS, just finished my 9am counseling class and there were people congregating around the two tvs in the lobby area just staring in silence. Me and my friends were like what is going on?? walked over and our eyes say the horror of the towers and our mouths dropped open in silence as we listened to the rest of the report. The rest of the week was spent watching the news in my apartment with friends just astonished and slowly finding out who was affected by it. Our church, like many other churches, did a special remembrance service. I remember people blaming god and crying out to god, people didn't know what to do. Its been 8 years and its still very vivid and difficult for most. It makes me responsible to remember to pray for the families affected and our government. 

Where were you when you heard the news? 

Comments

Stephanie said…
I was a senior in high school sitting in the school library. Our librarian came running in the room and said, turn on the TV the World Trade Center has been hit. So sad and scary! Seems like just yesterday...
Amy said…
I was at home getting ready to go to Tues am bible study at church. Emily was almost 2. I found out that day that I was pregnant with Meg. And Dan was out of town on business!

Popular posts from this blog

Engagment pictures

Valentines Day

Photo shoot with Mabry Family