He's not finished with me yet...

There is a Brandon Heath song that i heard at this concert sunday night that has just sat on my heart since and this morning while listening brought tears to my eyes. Right now i have a couple friends that are dealing with some deep hurts and struggles and i hurt for them. One has been let down by people, one is hurt by family and doesn't know what step to take next love them or leave them, another is let down by her health and can't figure out why. I listen and truly wish i could help heal or fix or yell at the right people! I beg for clarity, forgiveness, comfort for each in their own needs.

"There is hope for me yet
Because God won’t forget
All the plans he’s made for me
I have to wait and see
He’s not finished with me yet"

"Still wondering why I’m here
Still wrestling with my fear
But oh, He’s up to something
And the farther on I go
I’ve seen enough to know
That I’m, not here for nothing
He’s up to something"

He is not finished yet...no matter where we are healed or wounded he isn't done with us! What comfort and encouragement that is. I have had thoughts of why am i still here, either cause i feel way to unhelpful for God, or sad...and i have definitely wrestled with fear...and disappointment. Its a gentle reminder that HE is THERE! He is standing a beside each one of my friends holding and loving them where they are and offering freedom from their pain! Thank you Jesus that you are always ready and always there!

Father keep teaching us and guiding us that next step to take with you...build us strong so we can battle the unseen! Help me to encourage those around me either with just prayer or words lord!

Comments

Rob said…
Good song. Great post.
BrendaBalogh said…
mmmm, great word Susan. Thanks for this post.

Popular posts from this blog

Engagment pictures

Drills

Photo shoot with Mabry Family