Veggie and Fruit Co-OP

So my new adventure in cooking is joining a veggie and fruit co-op! We got our first package yesterday and it was like christmas time for me all over!! I am splitting it with my friend in the neighborhood and this is what we EACH got...2 fresh tomatoes, head of lettuce, leek, spaghetti squash, kiwi, bag of oranges, bag of potatoes, 4 apples each, broccoli we split, 12 bananas we split, something i don't know what it is...and i think thats it :)

I ate a FRESH salad last night, made one for today, looked up recipes on the spaghetti squash and leeks. The freshness of them is amazing! The kiwi is, as andrew said, PERFECT! I am excited to cook and develop my cooking skills :) It is so nice knowing that you are paying $25 for fresh straight from the farm veggies and fruits! Its almost as exciting as if i grew them! haha

If you have any great recipes for the things mentioned please share :)

Comments

Kari said…
The spaghetti squash makes great spaghetti noodles. Just cook it and the inside shreds just like noodles. Add some sauce to the top and meat or whatever you put on your spaghetti and its delicious.
Stephanie said…
Wow! I have never heard of a fruit and veggie co-op. What exactly do you have to do? $25 for all of that sounds like a great deal to me. You probably remember me saying at Christmas that Guthry eats very few veggies and NO fruits, so a fruit and veggie co-op would probably be his worst nightmare!
Rob said…
What's a leek? That sounds like an insect. I've never heard of a fruit or veggie called a leek. I'm going to google that one.
That is really cool! I love trying out new recipes and stuff...:)

Popular posts from this blog

Engagment pictures

Valentines Day

Photo shoot with Mabry Family