5 Ingredients

Christmas 2007 my mom gave me a cookbook. Taste of Home's 5-Ingredient Cookbook. It has taken til now for me to use it :) But i have found some really easy (obviously) and yummy dishes! I want to share with you!
One of my commitments this past few weeks has been to wake up with Andrew and cook breakfast so we can have a few mins. to start the day off together cause our evenings are so hectic. We both love breakfast food so its fun!
I grew up eating french toast pretty regular, if not weekly it was every other week! It was one of the first things my mom taught me to fix on the stove! Its a fave of mine! So when i came accross this receip for french toast BAKE i was curious. It was really good! I am putting notes of things i am going to add to the 5 to add a bit of flavor! :)

Maple French Toast Bake

12 slices bread, cubed
1 package (8oz) of cream cheese, cubed
8 eggs
1 cup of milk
1/2 cup maple syrup

Arrange half the bread cubes in a greased shallow 2-qt. backing dish. Top with the cream cheese and remaining bread. In a bowl, wisk eggs, milk and syrup; pour over bread. Cover and refrigerate over night. Remove from the fridge 30 mins before baking
Cover and bake at 350 for 30 mins Uncover bake 20-25 mins longer or until golden brown. Serve with additional syrup. (8 servings)

**i would add, vanilla extract, cinnamon for some flavor...maybe a teaspoon of each???

Enjoy!

Comments

Rob said…
Yummy, sounds great.

Popular posts from this blog

week not planned

Extended Family Getaway..

Summer is..