Budget cuts

Andrew and i were talking about money and future stuff planning and budgeting. We approach it differently. I can save pretty good, but i mostly look at life now and see what i need and use only that. He likes to do ROTH and Savings and NO DEBT! i like no debt too...i am not really a huge spender, so we get along good..except we explain things differently and in our head we are thinking the same thing but saying it backwards almost so we get flustered and confused and annoyed. haha we will spend like 40 mins saying stuff and finally we go so i am saying the grass is green, the other is yeah the green grass is what we have....so your saying the same thing?? hahah its crazy

 Anyway we are wanting to live on a tighter budget so i am giving up my Sbux :( we are cutting down our eating out. Which means more preparatory cooking for me....when will i find the time...that is the challenge :) Fun challenge! Sticking to the budget is a challenge with two people but we are up to it!

Any fun stories or advice about budgeting?

Comments

Jill Vaughan said…
Not for the budget but crock pot meals are fabulous for days you don't have time to cook in the evening. I have a good chili recipe and tortilla soup if you want them. Also I grocery shop at the end of the week or the weekend and prepare all the fruits and veggies so they're easy to grab and throw in lunches. A lot of times I also grill and dice chicken to have on hand for quesadillas, nachos or salads.
Me and Billy do the SAME thing. Well be saying the same thing as the other but differently and get all confused. :) Good luck with your budgeting!
Erica Wheat said…
We heart Dave Ramsey! :) Also, since I am a visual learner. I made a chart graphing all of our student loans from biggest to smallest, and we are snowballing them. Each time we pay one off I get to color more in of our gauge, and then I get to do a little dance! :) I love goal planning :) Happy budgeting to you two! :)
I agree with Jill about crock pot meals. Eating out used to be the biggest drain on our budget. Planning ahead is the key. We eat out just a couple of times a month now. Love your blogs!

Popular posts from this blog

week not planned

Extended Family Getaway..

Summer is..