2 years


Two years of change, joys, sadness and fun. Two years of God's love, provision and guidance on our journey. Two years that excite us for 2 more years plus. 

This year my hubby and i got to get out of town for the weekend. We had some good friends that invited us to serve at a Ranch with their community easter egg hunt (next blog entry) serving about 700 people! INCREDIBLE! Then we headed out further south to austin to visit our close friends Christin and Dustin.  It was here at their house that i realized my engagement diamond was gone! I believe we all know that feeling when something either sentimental or monetarily valuable is missing. That sinking feeling in your tummy...that was what i felt and from the look in Christin's eyes she did too.  After searching some and thinking i lost it at the ranch...good luck with that one...Her mother in law didn't stop, she was sweeping the house and to her delight she found it in their kitchen! The lord cares even about that! 

The ring lasted 2 years...this ring has given me a bucket full of emotions! Sheer shock and delight the first time i saw it...sweet reminder and happy thoughts of my kimmel's love, and yesterday shear fear and sadness then 'oh well' and ending with relief. 

I know of a couple men that have lost their wedding bands...any women? Share your story in the comments i would love to hear it! 

Comments

Amy said…
Happy anniversary, Susan & Andrew!

We almost lost my engagement ring, before it was even put on my finger!! Dan proposed on the deck of a riverboat in Louisville. As he pulled it out of his pocket, it jumped from his hand and rolled across the deck. Thankfully, he caught it just before it went overboard! ;)
So glad you found it. That is an awful feeling thinking something so important is lost.
Anonymous said…
I lost the diamond out of my ring while working at Target. Never found it. I kept my ring sans diamond in my car hanging on the cigarette lighter [since noone ever used it] until we could afford to buy a new stone for it.
Two years later someone broke into my car, stole my ring, with no stone and not my cds or anything else! ????
I was devastated, and sad. We could not afford such frivolity at this point in our lives. UNTIL I figured out I didn't need a ring to tell me how much Craig loved me. We would be forever, ring or not, if anyone knows me, they also would know about Craig and our love and no need for a ring to let them know I was married.
Several years later Craig's mom passed away and gave me her wedding ring, which I now wear with love and cherish because of it's meanings.

Popular posts from this blog

Engagment pictures

Valentines Day

week not planned