First Wednesday without...

As I sit and kill time til my photo session tonight I realize this is my first Wednesday without working a youth service in like 7 years. Aside from the yearly vacation there aren't many Wednesday's and Sunday's I have missed. Even the week of my wedding I was there until the second service started. I have missed out on some stuff due to the job, but don't regret it at all, it was my calling and would handle it the same way.

One cool thing about me and my friends is that all my really close friends from college all married guys who are either youth pastors or a planting pastor. When I moved to Texas, my
closest friends are also married to a pastor in some capacity. I think we folks might be wired differently. I remember when my friends in the past when life would take them down a new path and their patterns changed how strange it was to not be serving at the same time. Like something was missing.

It's funny cause I didn't think I would keep blogging about this but it's huge for me now haha the thing that just keeps ringing thru my head and heart is "god's plan is way cooler than mine" I was reading 2 Samuel today and this stuck out...

As for God, His way is perfect; the word of the Lord is flawless. He is a shield for all who take refuge in Him.

The cool thing is it may be a night without a church service and work but it isn't a night without a plan. Everyday, thought, conversation and second is planned out by God and I am never without Him!!

I am hanging on for the ride of my life and asking daily for steps to His plan. Thankful for all he has done so far, excited to see what He's got planned next! :)

Comments

Great way of looking at God's plan! So are you staying home full-time right now and doing photography, now that you aren't working at the church?
Susan Kimmel said…
Yea...i adapted your SAHM to SAHW :) I still teach piano two days a week...but that is the money maker not my passion you know...:)

Popular posts from this blog

Engagment pictures

week not planned

Valentines Day