sweet songs of heritage

I was rocking my niece (who i watch monday thru thursday) to sleep for a nap the other day and i started singing this really old song. I am not sure where it gets categorized but maybe spiritual song. It made me think back to my wee little bit times and i thought i would share.

Praise him, praise him. Praise him in the morning, praise him in the noon day. Praise him, praise him. praise him til the sun goes down.

On sunday at our Cell Group (small group for non northwoodians) we were praying and waiting on the Lord to speak and share a song for us to sing and Kimmel kept hearing the song his grandmother sang to him when he was little...but honestly i dont' remember it at all....all i remember is "Yes Lord Yes. I will listen and obey." or something...its not my family that sung that one.

It just brought to my mind the fact that we have some amazing parents that poured truth and love into our hearts early and after all these years they still stick. We can hear the songs reminding us of our God.  Either that or the brainwashing worked...i kid i kid! :)

Comments

Emerald Palace said…
Not sure if my last comment went through, I will try it again.
I haven't heard that song that you sang to your neice in so long, but it brings back good memories. God is amazing how he reminds us of the perfect song for just the right moment. Thanks for sharing :)

Http://www.latteandenergydrinks.blogspot.com

Popular posts from this blog

Engagment pictures

Drills

Photo shoot with Mabry Family