Call the Midwife

Growing up i avoided PBS. Mom would watch things on there, things like documentaries and history stuff...so i steered clear! Of course it was the opposite in Kimmel's family, they watch it weekly. Thanks to them i have been introduced to two great series one of course being Downton Abbey. The ladies of the family watched the latest episodes sunday night...Season 3 is in full swing!

I must share another BBC series hit, Call the Midwife. I was a bit hesitant but really quite enjoyed it. If you haven't heard of this one you can find it on Netflix, or join in for the second series in March. Based on the memoirs of Jennifer Worth (main character) set in east london during the 1950's. Such sweet stories of family, love and loss.



I feel like it teaches me week after week how much mercy and grace is needed from me towards others. Some weeks its like watching mother theresa personified thru these sweet stories! I cry and i laugh and i fast forward the births...cause i can't stand to hear the pain and stuff...makes me cringe...:) (i had a c section so its all so foreign to me and just plain painful) The babies are the best part of course. They use actual newborns for the scenes, so its soooo sweet and just precious!


I don't want to give anything away so you must just check it out for yourself!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

week not planned

Extended Family Getaway..

Summer is..