Hard stuff!

In the Kimmel family we have a split right down the middle when it comes to being a teacher. Kimmel, his mom and brother in law all teach in the public school system. Me, Paige (my sis in law) and Mark (dad in law) all know that we are NOT cut out to be teachers! Me and Paige both thought we might during college, but i just 'observed' a middle school math teacher one day and went away thinking, no that's not for me! After my sophomore year i changed my major from Math to Accounting. Riiiiight, never used that degree!

After college i went on to Seminary and got my MACE in women's ministy. I was equipped to teach women, instead i taught future women. Teen girls.  I was a youth minister for 8 years, I taught several small groups and even taught big group on a Wednesday night. Those are different ways of teaching than in a school setting. It is still teaching of a certain subject and hopefully explaining how to apply that to the students life. Now all the teaching i do is with our two lil boys. Thankfully i have a co teacher with me for this one! Whether its life essentials, like washing dishes...


or heart essentials like how not to whine to get what you want. We have been given the responsibility to teach them. Make them strong both inside and out. Having been a youth minister i understand that this responsibility isn't the Churches' although it is a vital part, but all burden lies on Kimmel and i's shoulders! 

This in turn makes me work on myself as well. I now noticed when i am frustrated cause Shepherd gives a huge sigh/growl like i did subconsciously. Its really funny and cute cause when Kimmel gets home shepherd tells on me. He says daddy 'grrrr, momma' swinging his arms from head to leg. Letting daddy know that i got frustrated today an growled. I not only want him to see my flaws but also my devotion to Christ. When i do love in a difficult situation, or when i simply find time to sit and read the bible and pray. 

One of the hardest things we are working on now is just simply obeying when we say Come. He likes to run away from us and play. We do chase him and run with him often so i think he tries that to see if we will just play instead of making him Come. I have never trained a dog before but i feel this is way harder, and frustrating cause when he does obey for like a whole day you think, Yes he got it! Oh no that was just a tease.

Ephesians 6:1-4  Children, obey your parents in the Lord, for this is right. Honor your father and mother (this is the first commandment with a promise) that it may go well with you and that you may live long in the land. Fathers', do not provoke your children to anger, but bring them up in the discipline and instruction of the Lord. 

Kimmel and I agree that we will raise our boys centered on the Bible, teaching them to know and love God and others around them. In our world today we must be vigilant to speak truth to them and help them Love no matter what others believe or say. This means we need to be on top of our game and know what God wants from us and live it! :)

If you are a mom or dad i am sure you have heard the quote "Parenting is the toughest job you will ever have but most rewarding".  We are lucky to have been given this burden. Its funny cause sometimes i don't realize how heavy it is, and the joy we receive from the hard work, it refines us all.

There are some who remain childless- physically. I hope and pray that they find children to love on cause there are just as many parentless children. Life can be hard for lil people and we all could use a lil help and extra love from time to time.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Engagment pictures

Photo shoot with Mabry Family

week not planned