Soaring on the wings of anticipation....

Marilla Cuthbert: You set your heart too much on frivolous things and then crash down into despair when you don't get them.
Anne Shirley: I know. I can't help flying up on the wings of anticipation. It's as glorious as soaring through a sunset... almost pays for the thud.
Marilla Cuthbert: Well, maybe it does. But I'd rather walk calmly along and do without flying AND thud.

I think now that we are at the end of this process i would have to agree with Marilla, to walk calmly thru is way better than the thud. Only problem is i just can't do it. I like Anne can't help but soaring when things are going so well. Now i have had about my 10th thud and i won't be soaring any more! At first it was just annoying, but now i think all i see is the 'thud' where i am. Can't really see over it to soar anymore. So until i walk thru the front door with electricity and all my stuff in the house i no longer will be 'flying up'. 

I know when all things are said and done it will be totally worth it. Right now i am just bummed and annoyed that people make promises they can't keep and omit things that we need to know. Due to this it is going to take a month or 3 weeks now til we get electricity in our house...cause the company is so backed up. To spare you all the story and fun facts that is it in a nut shell. 

SOOO we have painted or shall i say my sweet husband has primed and painted the whole house, with the help of one of his buddies from church and his dad. Just took a week and half! Floors are starting to get done, carpet is in the bedrooms and we are waiting for dates of install on the rest. Once that happens we get to put our trim, window sills and doors in. 

We are close. oh so close. It took me a week but i finally am looking up again and ready to try again to pack and prepare. Won't be soaring just walking calmly along. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Engagment pictures

Drills

Valentines Day