Book reviews no one asked for

Hey y'all! My sis and I have started a 'book club' back at the start of 2020! Its so fun chatting with her about the characters and what we loved or hated about each book! She lives in VA so it's a fun way for us to 'hang out'. She is an avid reader and I am picky. She will research all things before she is interested in, or makes a decision, I sorta wing it. 

It all started with the Outlander book series. She got me hooked and I anxiously await the 9th book. I've had friends who read constantly and widely and admired them. I usually just stick to movies or music. But during all this time at home due to COVID, I was able to read a few more, while adding more to my read list.  I reread the outlander book 5 of course cause its my favorite :) with a couple more sprinkled in. Here are three books that I adored and totally recommend. 

On a recommendation from a friend we read "The Alice Network"by Kate Quinn.  A beautiful historical drama about a women spy! It was a page turner for sure...couldn't put it down! 5 out of 5 stars! 


Another beautiful book of truth is "Just Mercy" by Bryan Stevenson. I learned so much about the courts and the issues with black America. Beautifully written and easy to read even if the subject was heavy. He is a very kind and thoughtful man and is good at what he does! Had to watch the movie after and it was just as good, and I mean Michael B Jordan is so good and handsome! 5 out of 5 stars! 


Did you love the Hunger Games series?? That was another on I can reread and watch mostly! So I was excited for the prequel! It was really interesting to read about the antagonist from the series, being the protagonist and see how he became who he was. Well written and a fun read, unpredicatable as well, she did a great job! 5 out of 5 stars! 



Finally I just figured out that Amazon offers prime reading as well for the kindle! There are books available for free to download! I am super excited. My Sister already picked another and im sure I can give another review soon :) 

Are you an avid reader? Causal reader? Share some of your favorite books! Have you read these? 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Engagment pictures

Valentines Day

Drills