When you want to bring the restaurant home.

Don't know about you but during this last year I have spent a lot time in the kitchen trying to feed my locked inside family. Made great use of Pioneer Woman and Magnolia cook books. Tried different slow cooker meals and even searched online for new ideas. Even had to pull out some of our favorite meals from years back. 

Doing this I found an old copycat recipe we love! Don't know if you know my tex-mex obsession, but I have one! Could eat it every meal in so many different ways! I digress... One night when making quesadillas I stumbled on Chipotle Corn Salsa copycat recipe. YUM! 

Back in my single days me and a group of friends would grab lunch after church and it was more often than not Chipotle. I don't know when it happened but when someone suggested I try their corn salsa, but I did and never looked back! Changed my Chipotle life hahah

So when we got married and budget reasons meant no more eating out weekly I found this recipe. IT IS SOOOO GOOD!! There is something really important about this I have learned...you have to use fresh corn! No can or frozen seriously I tried and it just isn't as good. Its amazing the difference. 

So if you love Chipotle like we do, or just love great Tex Mex, this is a great recipe to add to your arsenal of Tex Mex cuisine! 

What is something you have copy cat of that is amazing? 


Chipotle Corn Salsa Recipe (copy cat) 

4 ears of fresh white or yellow corn husks removed 

1/2 cup red onion finely chopped 

2 jalapeƱo peppers stemmed, seeded and finely chopped 

1/4 cup finely chopped roasted Poblano peppers (1-2 peppers) 

1/4 cup fresh cilantro finely chopped

1 TBLS fresh lemon juice

1 TBLS fresh lime juice

salt to taste 

Bring large pot of water and 1 TBLS kosher salt to a boil over high heat. Add corn and boil for 3-5 mins. Submerge corn in large bowl of ice water. When the corn is cool enough to handle, cut it off. the cob and transfer to large bowl 

Stir in the other ingredents 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Engagment pictures

Valentines Day

Photo shoot with Mabry Family